Confederate Monuments at Fishing Creek Presbyterian Church | Olde English District

User menu

Confederate Monuments at Fishing Creek Presbyterian Church

3087 Fishing Creek Church Rd.
Chester, SC 29706
Phone:
(803) 789-3067 or (803) 789-5563

The first Confederate Monument was erected by the Lafayette Straight Chapter of the Daughters of the Confederacy in 1929. The monument consists of granite mortar and a podium built upon two granite grist meal stones. In 2002, another monument was erected to honor Revolutionary and Civil War veterans. On this monument are the names of 38 Confederate veterans buried in the church cemetery. Location: In front of historic Fishing Creek Cemetery, Fishing Creek Presbyterian Church, c.1752.