Rock Hill, SC 29730
Renowned architect A.D. Gilchrist designed and built the house in 1921 for Rock Hill Mayor, W. R. Armstrong. Of Spanish and American Colonial style, it has two stories (4,000 square feet) with restored formal gardens, including brick walkways, a pergola, a reflecting pool and a lily pond. Restoration of these gardens with all these elements was completed in 2010. The Woman's Club of Rock Hill purchased the house in 1971 from Mauldin daughter, Ann Bruce, for use as its clubhouse. Listed as a contributing property on the National Register of Historic Places, the house can be rented for weddings, receptions, meetings, catered lunches and other small events. In 2011 the Club purchased an adjoining house and lot which had been built by the Mauldins in 1939 on what was then the back portion of their lot. Visit the Woman's Club of Rock Hill on Facebook.