Thespian Hall | Olde English District

User menu

Thespian Hall

114 East Washington St.
Winnsboro, SC 29180
Phone:
(803) 635-4242

This magnificent building that was originally constructed in 1833 and remodeled in 1873. The downstairs formerly housed the railway passenger station, while the upstairs had an auditorium for concerts and theatrical presentations. An important occupant of Thespian Hall was the News & Herald newspaper, which was founded in 1944. For many years, the Hall’s lower floor was the home of the “Tavern,” a restaurant that served the Fairfield County community with great food and interesting entertainments. An electric fire severely damaged the roof in January 2011. Restoration efforts are underway. Behind the Town Clock).