Historic Lancaster County Courthouse and Museum | Olde English District

User menu

Historic Lancaster County Courthouse and Museum

101 N. Main St.
Lancaster, SC 29720
Phone:
(803) 416-9508

Built in 1828, this facility is a significant works by Robert Mills who is best known as the designer of the Washington Monument. The courthouse had been in use as the county’s courthouse for over 180 years until an arsonist attempted to burn the building in August 2008. It has been renovated to its original grandeur and now houses the Lancaster County Welcome Center & Gift Shop and the county's Historical Museum  (open 10 am-2 pm  Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays as well as by appointment).