User menu

Battle of Camden Commemoration

Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 8:00am until 9:30am

Honor those who served in the 1780 Battle of Camden by joining Historic Camden and community partners at the commemoration of the battle's 238th anniversary. There will be a free tour at 8am. At the Battlefield, discussion of the history of the battle, followed by a brief ceremony at 9am. An artillery salute and also have the grand opening of the Eagle Loop Trail. All activities will take place rain or shine. Directions: From Camden, take Hwy. 521/Broad St. north about 6 miles. Then take the left fork at Flat Rock Rd. and travel another couple of miles. Look for the split rail fence. Parking will be on the west/left side of the road. Meet at the DeKalb Monument for the tour. Bring comfortable clothing, chairs, sunscreen, bug spray, and water. Meanwhile, at the Historic Camden main campus, we will have blacksmith demonstrations going on all day, included with the price of site admission.

Location Details:

1606 Flat Rock Rd.
Camden, SC 29020
Phone:
(803) 432-9841
Email:
info@historiccamden.org

475+ acres owned by Historic Camden Foundation. Site of the original 1780 Battle of Camden, and location of new efforts to bring back the endangered Longleaf Pine forest that inhabited these areas and the rest of the southeast in the 18th century. National Historic Landmark and listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. Free and open to the public. Guided tours available upon request. No restrooms or structures on site. 8 miles north of town.