Bach Akademic Charlotte Chamber Choir | Olde English District

User menu

Bach Akademic Charlotte Chamber Choir

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 2:30pm until 4:30pm

Bach's Cantatas BWV 39 and BWV 77 are essentially humanistic cantatas about how to live, while BWV 127 concerns itself with the divinity of Christ. Scott Allen Jarrett is the artistic director. $15 in advance/$20 at the door. For more details about this event, please visit the website here. For more details about this event, please visit the website here.

Location Details:

307 West Gay St.
Lancaster, SC 29720
Phone:
(347) 604-2179
Email:
jecraig66@gmail.com ​

The first brick church built in the area, it remains as the oldest brick building in the county.  Originally erected in 1862, this church replaced a wood structure built in 1835 on land purchased from Eliza Gill. The building is in early Gothic style architecture and has 16-inch thick walls of plaster that are marked to resemble stone. During the War, Sherman's soldiers stabled their horses inside the church. After the Presbyterian congregation built a church on Main Street in 1926, the building was used by various groups until it was sold to the Masonic Lodge. In 1976, ownership was transferred to the Lancaster County Society for Historic Preservation.  Many of Lancaster's early community leaders are buried in the graveyard adjoining the church which also contains the graves of veterans of five wars. It was added to the National Register in 1977.