User menu

Fort Lawn Community Center

5554 Main St.
Fort Lawn, SC 29714
Phone:
(803) 872-4491

The center began as a high school in 1888. The original building burned and was replaced with a new brick building in 1915. Grades 1-11 were educated in this building made possible by funds from bonds. Its doors were closed in 1993 after consolidation with El Bethel School in 1923. In 1996 a group of Fort Lawn citizens took action and developed plans to refurbish and renovate this historical building for the community. Open Mon-Fri: 8:30am-5pm. The center--which offers meeting spaces, many activities and programs--is available for rent.